Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Get Ready for Snow: DIY for Kids with Household Items


I am getting ready for the snow that's supposed to hit everywhere from Minneapolis to Boston tonight. I thought it might be fun to pull this post back out: DIY fun things for kids with household items. Make sure your kiddos stay busy and entertained tonight and tomorrow without breaking the bank!


1. Make a paper plate Batman mask! This is something I just made up. I got a paper plate and just cut out a mask shape. Then I colored it black with a Sharpie. This takes about 10 minutes, so it'll give the kids something to do. Then I added some ribbon for the tie and, voila! Batman mask it is.


2. Grab a bunch of plastic cups and a decorative ball from the coffee table and go "bowling"!
3. Make a tiara out of a 2-liter bottle! Cut the top and bottom of the bottle off. Then cut a shape into it. Decorate with anything and everything you've got! I used ribbon, beads and stickers.


4. Cut a piece of yarn, tie the ends together, and you've got Cat's Cradle for days!

5. Lunch bag puppet! Get out those Crayolas and get busy drawing a character. If you have yarn or any other fun things, use those to decorate the bag, too.

I made all of these things in about two and a half hours this morning, but you can embellish all of these to stretch it out for a whole afternoon. 

Stay safe, stay strong.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment