Friday, March 22, 2013

March Madness: Crochet Edition

At the beginning of the NCAA Tournament I always make sure I watch all the games closely and research every team's stats when I'm not watching the games. I want to make sure that I know as much about the teams who I've picked to win in my bracket, so I can have an informed perspective on all the games. But, after last night's upsets, my bracket is all sorts of screwed up--March Madness has truly arrived! So I'm still watching all the games, but not as closely as I had been, and I'm not doing as much research as I had been doing before last night. 

I love messing around with yarn. I learned how to crochet a month or so ago and have figured out how to make things without patterns. I knit, crochet, or sew a lot while I watch TV. Since I still have somewhere around...45 games left in the NCAA Tournament, I came up with a fun idea: crocheted team logos!
Notre Dame, Louisville, and Cincinnati.
I am a University of Louisville alumnus, so my first try at making something had to be a CardinalBird! I think if I did it again, I would do the beak differently and change the "eyebrow" a little bit because it doesn't look angry enough. 
Louisville Cardinals
I know I've got a lot of people up here in Northern Kentucky and Ohio who are University of Cincinnati fans and, while Louisville fans don't generally like UC, I thought I'd indulge the Bearcat fans a little bit! Also, I'm aware that the claws are off a little bit--if I ever do this again, I'll shift them to the left.
Cincinnati Bearcats
Finally, I needed another team's logo to try, because I didn't want to only post two logos (seemed a little bit pointless) so I thought back to one of the most memorable games of the season: the 5 overtime Louisville vs. Notre Dame game. We lost. Then I thought back to one of the games that felt amazing to win: the Louisville vs. Notre Dame Big East Tournament semi-final. We won! Notre Dame seemed fitting. I like this shamrock--it's cute!
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you want to see what your team's logo looks like when it's crocheted, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also, if anyone wants any of these, please contact me. I can do whatever you want to them to turn them into something useful--I don't want these other logos in my Cardinal household after the Tournament. ;-) 

Hope your team is doing well and you are celebrating in creative ways--like crocheting!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment