Monday, April 22, 2013

5 Ways You Know You're Ready (for ANYTHING!)

I'm getting married in a couple of months (9 weeks and 5 days, to be exact!). My fiancĂ© and I were talking the other day about the fact that neither one of us is where we thought we would be when we got married, but we still feel ready to get married. I got to thinking about how I know I'm ready to get married. Then I realized that the ways I know I'm ready to be married are applicable to really any situation!

1. Guts! It might sound clichĂ©, but whenever I think about that moment I say "I do," I get butterflies in my stomach. Even when I just think about going on a date with Josh or holding hands with him, I still get butterflies! When you're still so excited after two and a half years, you know you're ready.

2. Good dreams. I have had dreams about the wedding for a couple of months now. Most of the dreams are good ones! I have had a couple where I messed up while making my dress and it doesn't look good, but over all, if you're having dreams that are great and you wake up feeling good about your decision, you know you're ready!

3. You're realistic. When I was little, I thought that getting married would be perfect and I would be happy all the time and I would never be annoyed or irritated with the person I was marrying and I would be running through fields of flowers and have no cares in the world. Ha! If you've realized that in the real world life is not a walk through the park, but it's still worth it, you know you're ready.

4. You're doing it for you. I am not marrying Josh because we've already told our families and put a down payment on the reception venue. I'm getting married because I want to and I know it will make me a better person. If you're doing something for yourself and not out of a sense of obligation to others, you know you're ready.

5. Commitment. I absolutely love our relationship and I can't wait to continue to work on it for the rest of my life. Knowing that you will stick with something no matter what happens means that you know you're ready.

So, any time you're thinking about doing something small or big, run through these quick checks just to be sure. And if you're not ready, don't do it--or at least proceed with caution!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment