Sunday, September 23, 2012

TV Premiere Week!

This is one of my favorite and most hated weeks of the year! I love it because all my favorite shows and a few new ones start on TV. I hate it because I watch more TV and I'm not as productive as I'd like to be. Here are the shows that I'm looking forward to this season:

ABC

  • Castle: Season 5. Monday 10pm (60min). Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) is a super-hot, super-brilliant NYPD detective who works with a mystery writer, Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion), to solve murder cases in the city. It's a fun show that is always entertaining and keeps you on your toes!
  • Modern Family: Season 4. Wednesday 9pm (30min). This is an absolutely hysterical show! It's about a family (well, three subfamilies!) and all the crazy stuff they do together. It's so funny! It's not by any means an intellectual show, but it's great entertainment.
CBS
Sheldon (Jim Parsons)
  • Partners: Pilot. Monday 8:30pm (30min). This is a new show that looks really funny!
  • The Big Bang Theory: Season 6. Thursday 8pm (30min). Sheldon (Jim Parsons) is my favorite character! I love him! Leonard (Johnny Galecki) is also really great. Penny (Kaley Cuoco) needs to be a better actress, though. Season 5 ended really poorly, in my opinion, so I'm hoping this opener is really good!
  • Elementary: Pilot. Thursday 10pm (60min). A modern day Sherlock Holmes series with Lucy Liu as Watson! I can't wait!
Other Shows to Watch
  • Project Runway: Season 10. Lifetime Thursdays 9pm (90min). We're in the middle of a very high design competition! It's cutthroat and some really great designers have already gone home--down to the Final 6!
  • The New Normal: Season 1. NBC Thursdays 9:30pm (30min). Episode 4 is this week. It's a very funny show about family life in modern day America. Still not completely sold on it, but willing to continue to give it a shot for the next couple episodes.
  • Football! ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS, FOX, ABC, NFL Network, NBC, any other channel that has it!
So, the moral of this list is if you don't have a DVR, you need to get one! :) 

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment