Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Costumes: What Scares You The Most?

I got to thinking about Halloween costumes. A lot of people my age have grown out of the princess and superhero costumes (yes, stereotypical sexist costumes; not the point of this piece) and into the scary costumes: skeletons, zombies, dead spirits, etc. But are those "scary" things what people are really scared of?

What if we used Halloween to reveal what really scares us? What if, instead of wearing costumes that show who we fantasize about being, we wore our own fears?

This is my scary "costume": the things that scare me the most.




Wear your fears. You don't have to write them on your face, but find some way to show them. The more we get in touch with our fears, the more of ourselves we will like; which means maybe someday we won't even want to wear a costume, because we are the "fantasy" we want to be!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm hoping to launch my new site later today, so please stay tuned.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to see this costume from head to foot but your make up in these pictures sure look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww hey, this actually gave me an idea. I think I'm gonna rip some old shirt off and write everything I want there and voila! I have an instant costume. What do you think?

    ~ Bridget

    ReplyDelete