Thursday, November 1, 2012

Birthday Resolutions

Today is my birthday. I'm 24 years old. It's amazing to think that I'm so old. Or so young! Part of me feels like I've been through enough to fill a lifetime and part of me feels so immature and naive. Also, one of my friends just brought to my attention that this is my last birthday as "Kinsey Whearty." Wow! It's true, though; next year I will be "Kinsey Hein!" It is going to be a big year.

In light of my birthday, I'm not going to be writing about politics, devastation across the eastern seaboard, or controversial things. I love doing it, but it has the tendency to make me a little cranky and I don't want to be grumpy on my birthday!

I always take some time on my birthday to make "New Year's" resolutions. Birthdays give me the chance to evaluate the last year and tweak what I don't like that I'm doing and continue what I do like. These are some of my resolutions for this year.

  • Bridezilla. :) I'm getting married in June and I do not want to be a "Bridezilla"! 
  • Take more of a stand for my recovery. I never thought that I would be 24 and not working because of my health. That's not who I am, and I want to work harder to get this taken care of.
  • De-stress. I have a propensity to take little things and get really stressed out about them. If I think back to a few months ago, I know I was stressed out, but I can't even remember what it was that was stressing me out, which means it probably wasn't worth getting super-stressed over!
  • Love more. My friends, family, and fiancĂ©. 
  • Work on being happier with myself. This blog has been so great for me because I have something that's my own, but I want to take it to the next level. I've got my own site, but I need to push it to something beyond what it is right now. I love doing this and I want to make it something successful. While I'm working hard on making this better, though, I need to make sure that I like myself for who I am and that my self-worth is not tied to my site and how many hits I get each day.
Thank you all for making the last two months of this blog so great! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support. I started this on a whim almost and it's grown more than I could ever have expected. I think knowing that I have such a great support group is the best birthday present ever!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment