Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Helping Others

Polar Fleece Sandy Scarves
It's Thankful Thursday again! This week has flown by. I guess I'm a bad judge of time with my new medication, though!

Here's something I never thought I would be thankful for: having fibromyalgia. My fiance has told me from the start that a day will come when I realize how my condition makes me a stronger person and makes me more able to help other people. That day is today. I will always have hard days, but it's all worth it because I get to help others.

I've spent the last two weeks making things for other people. I've made 17 scarves for the victims of superstorm Sandy, chocolate leaves and cupcakes for my fiancé's choir's craft sale, and I've messed around with some other craft ideas. I love making food and clothes for other people! I think it's the best thing about me having to stay home.
Knitted Sandy Scarf
Chocolate Leaves

I also put in a video to be Anderson Cooper's co-host on Anderson Live. I'm waiting to see if I got accepted into the top 5, and then people will vote on the finalists. I will be able to help more people if I get my name out there more.

Here is my audition video. Even if I don't get on Anderson Live, I still want to inspire help people, so please share the video with your friends!


I hope you all have a wonderful day! I am going to be spending the entire day in the kitchen, finishing up cupcakes and making all the boxes for the holiday goodies. Keep an eye on my tweets to see photos of what I'm up to today!

What are you thankful for on this Thankful Thursday? Please share!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11602026

    ReplyDelete