Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dancing with the Stars Finale

Last night was the finale of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars." It was the only episode I watched this season. I used to watch DWTS religiously in high school and college, but after Season 8 I started ballroom dancing so I quit watching because I was so critical of the celebs.

*Spoiler Alert*

In Season 8, Shawn Johnson won and Melissa Rycroft came in third. They were both in this All-Star season, and Melissa Rycroft won last night. Shawn got second. I was so bummed out! Shawn was absolutely amazing! I was really happy for Tony Dovolani (Melissa's professional partner), though, because he's been on for 14 season and finally won. I think Derek Hough (Shawn's professional partner) has won twice. He is really a phenomenal dancer, though. The choreography he and Shawn did was really great.

Now I know all you hardcore DWTS fans who love the fact that Melissa won are about to say, "Shawn and Derek broke the rules in their last dance." I know. In the quickstep you can't break hold and they did. But it was brilliant. Would they have won if they hadn't gotten points docked by the judges for breaking the rules? Possibly. But they put on the show of a lifetime. Melissa wasn't as great, in my opinion.

I don't watch a lot of reality shows. I watch "Project Runway" and the season finale of DWTS. If I am sick and there is a "Top Chef" or "America's Next Top Model" marathon on, I'll watch those, too. The reason I don't watch reality shows like "The Bachelorette" or "Housewives of whatever-town-we're-in-this-time" is that they don't really require any talent. It's just watching people live their lives and fighting. Shows like DWTS, Project Runway, and Top Chef require a lot of skills. I like that. I think it's cool to see the best of the best in their field duking it out to get to the top.

Big congrats to all the finalists on DWTS! They all put in hours and hours of work to get that far and I know how much it meant to all of them. Can't wait until the next season finale for my next dose of DWTS!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment