Friday, November 16, 2012

Feel-Good Friday: Holiday Baking!

As many of you know, I love to cook and bake. I've been working so hard for the past couple of days because my fiancé has a giant craft/bake sale at his school this weekend. I wanted to share some of what I made with you!

It's Fall, so I thought it would be fun to make leaves. Since I don't have any leaf cookie cutters, I figured out that I could use real leaves! I washed the leaves and then painted them with chocolate. Once the chocolate dried, I peeled the leaves off and was left with beautiful chocolate leaves!
After I made all of the leaves, I made a template for a box (coming soon as a freebie on my site!) and wrapped the leaves up!

I also made a bunch of cupcakes and decided to play with them a little bit. Also, the best way to individually wrap 5 1/2 dozen cupcakes without having to cut a billion boxes is to use the little clear party cups. 

These are candy cane cupcakes: I dyed the batter red and added crushed candy canes to it. The frosting is just regular vanilla with crushed candy canes sprinkled on top. I left the big chunks because I thought they added character!

These are chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and yellow fondant stars sprinkled with dyed sugar for sparkle. I made the fondant myself and it turned out perfectly!

I added peppermint extract to chocolate batter to make chocolate mint cupcakes. The frosting is just vanilla dyed green. I thought about adding mint to the frosting, too, but it would have just been too overpowering. 

I love snowflakes, coconut, and chocolate; it's such the perfect winter combination! Double chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and coconut fondant snowflakes. 

When I say I love snowflakes, I mean I really love snowflakes! These are just regular white cupcake with chocolate frosting and blue sugared fondant snowflakes. It's a shame I have to give these up and I don't get to taste them...!

Obviously, Thanksgiving is only a few days away, so I had to do something special for it! Chocolate-Oreo cupcakes with candy turkeys on top. There is an Oreo at the bottom of each one of the cupcakes. I adore these! I hope they sell well.

Wrapping the cupcakes is so easy with the little cups.

Here is my favorite picture of the cupcakes! I don't know why I like it, but it seems very artsy and it made the perfect background for my phone. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment